Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is coming!

I made salt dough ornaments today! I sort of feel like Christmas is coming now. Going to paint them with the boys tomorrow.

I had Alex today. He has a cold and was cranky all day. He's getting so big, it's crazy.

I haven't done a whole lot else.

Oh I made homemade playdough too! I'm going to put the recipe in this post because it was so fun to make.

It's super easy to make!!!!

Nature's Playdough

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar


Mix flour, salt, oil and cream of tartar, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff (Only takes a few minutes so stir it the WHOLE time). Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of food coloring. I added mint essence to make it smell good. You could use vanilla or even squirt it with body spray. Don't let it cool too much before kneading it...just till you can touch it. Also store it in a tupperware or in a ziploc bag.

Okay go make some now! It's fun stuff!

Off to lurk some Harry Potter sites. Yes I'm becoming a HP nerd. :)

Still reading Chamber of Secrets. I haven't had time to read much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment