Friday, January 29, 2010

I Love Dr. Jack Hodgins!

I finished reading A Great and Terrible Beauty today.  It was so good.  I love the character of Gemma Doyle and Felicity is sort of growing on me.  For those who don't have a clue what I'm talking about, this book is about a girl named Gemma who moves to a London boarding school when tragedy strikes her family.  She comes to find she has mystical powers and ties to an organization called The Order.  This book is set in the 1800's and it works so well with the plot.  So many sci-fi books are set in today's time periods that it's refreshing to read something a bit different.  Libba Bray is a literary genius and this story is very unique.  I can't wait to read more!

Speaking of which, I started the second book in this series, Rebel Angels, and I'm pretty far along.  It's just as good as the first one and I'm loving it so far.

I did laundry, dishes, cleaned our room a bit, and washed the dogs also today.  I feel like I had a pretty productive Friday.  I followed this all up with some episodes of Bones Season 2 and I'm about ready to head off to bed. 

I'm excited for a weekend with my hubby with no plans involved, except maybe some Radius Church Sunday morning.

I'm making French Toast in the morning, so tomorrow should be awesome. :)

Current Book Count: 11...I have to finish Rebel Angels before the 31st to make this an even number for the month. I'm weird like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment