Monday, January 25, 2010

So Yesterday

I finished reading So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld today.  It was pretty awesome.  I really love his books.  This one was another fictional look into consumerism and trends.  I love that his writing is geared towards someone with a mind and isn't just some brainless crap.  It really makes you think about why you wear what you wear and why fashion is the way that it is.  Definitely recommended! It should be a quick read if you don't slack off like me.

I started 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson.  I read this one a really long time ago, but one that I wanted to re-read during this challenge.  I'm surprised I even found a copy.  I haven't been able to find any Maureen Johnson books anywhere.  Not even at the bigger book chains. 

I was also pretty productive today.  I took down the Christmas ornaments and put them away!  It's about time. I know. Shush.  I also baked muffins for my hubby to eat before work. 

Turtle said we got the house and should be able to move in at the end of February.  Mikey is going to talk to him tomorrow about the whole extra roommate issue and hopefully get it all figured out.  I really want to move and this house will be pretty awesome, but I can't live with more than just Turtle.  I'm almost 25 and married.  I don't need some 21 year old kid living in my house.

That's about it for today.  I can't think of anything else.  Oh if you haven't checked out Italktosnakes or Luke Conard on youtube. Do that.  They're awesome.

Current Book Count: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment