Thursday, February 4, 2010

Damon Salvatore and #GenderinYA

I watched last weeks episode of Vampire Diaries today and then watched tonight's episode.  I love this show.  It's getting so good!  Last weeks episode was my favorite episode so far.  I went squee a couple of times.  I love Ian Somerhalder, as you can probably tell.  I read the whole Vampire Diaries series last year and he is PERFECT for this character.  I admit the show is much more mellow than the books were, but it's still amazing.

I also spent a good amount of time in a discussion via Twitter with a bunch of authors and book lovers today.  You can probably still find it all under #GenderinYA.  We were discussing Male POV and how it is mostly lacking in the YA genre.  Very few authors write YA novels from a male prospective and it may be something that is needed to appeal to male readers.  Majority of YA readers are female, so of course it's benificially for an author to appeal to their readers.  Also many authors of this genre are female and therefore write what they know.  I want to try my hand writing from a male POV, but I'm not sure this is something I'll do right away.  I'm comfortable with female POV and every character I've created in my head is in face female.  Some interesting stuff was tweeted today though.  Go check it out for yourself. You can find a PDF file of most of the conversation here.

I spent a lot of my day online today, catching up on my blog obsessions, and finding some more cool sites to wander through.  I got a new follower too! Hi Patty! You can check out her blog here.  I like to think people are actually reading what I write.  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Anyway, I'm off to drag my hubby away from Pokemon and watch some Bones.  Catch ya'll later!  I promise to read some before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment