Friday, February 19, 2010

Is it Better to Live a Monster or Die a Good Man?

I'm feeling better.  Which is good.  My stomach still isn't 100%, but my head has finally stopped trying to take me out.

We went and saw Shutter Island tonight.  It was really good.  I want to write about it, but I'll end up putting spoilers.  Go see it!  It's amazing. That's all I'm going to say for now.  Oh and Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the most talented actors I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

Some funny/strange things from tonight:

1.  I got carded at the movie.  I guess I don't look 17. That would be cool if I weren't 25.

2. This guy fell during the movie. That wasn't really funny...I actually felt really bad for him.  The funny part was that everyone turned to stare at him.  It's human nature to want to see someone get hurt.  It's so sad, but funny too.  People stare at car crashes and they definitely stare when they hear someone fall in a quiet theater.

3.  We went out to dinner afterwords and every restaurant was closed except AppleBee's.  Please bear in mind it was only 9:00PM.  Why does everything close so early around here? It drives me crazy.  That wasn't the funny part though.  So our waitress walks up to our table and doesn't speak.  She just stands there staring at us.  Finally I looked up at her and said drinks?  Like I was prompting her to say something.  She was really strange.  We're telling ourselves she was new, so we feel better about how horrible she is at being a server. We kept cracking jokes about her all the way home.  We're such heartless people. :)

4. When we were checking out at Wal-mart the cashier talked to the guy in front of us about the condoms he was buying.  Is this normal behavior?  It made me feel uncomfortable that's for sure.  She was like, "can't have much of a fun night without those." WHAT?  Seriously????  Oh man.  Poor guy.

Man what has happened to the world??? I think everyone has lost their minds.

I'm still reading Leviathan, but I put it on hold to read Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper.  It's the next book for my neurotic book club that's meeting next week, so I figure I better read it first.  I'm a couple chapters in and it's pretty good so far.  If you like funny romance novels and stories about vampires give it a read.  We can talk about it. :)

Oh man I just got an order confirmation for a Jonas Brothers' back plate for my phone.  Haha. I enter some dumb contest in December because I thought it was funny.  It says I'm getting an SD card too. Sweet!  I'm totally going to rock the back plate just because it's hilarious. I'll put up a picture when I get it.

Ok I'm off to bed.  See ya tomorrow.

Someone decided that today is National Chocolate Mint Day.  Your Inner Bad Girl thinks that's great, if you like chocolate mint.  If you don't, choose to celebrate with whatever works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment