Tuesday, April 6, 2010

8 Years And Still Going Strong

Today is our 8 year anniversary. It's been 8 years since my hubby stood on my front porch and awkwardly asked me to be his girlfriend. I remember it like it was yesterday. He stood for a while kicking the rug and not saying anything.  I stood there and watched his foot swing back and forth. He mumbled, "Will you be my girlfriend?" I said, "okay." He gave me an awkward hug and ran back to hop in our friends car. It was great. We were such cute little 17 year olds back then. Now we're 25 and married, trying to start our lives and not getting very far, but we're happy and even more in love then we were 8 years ago. I love you Michael!
My ear is still driving me nuts. It's even worse than it was yesterday.  It was entertaining at book club to not be able to hear anyone on my right side.  I sort of just sat there in my own little world.

I finished Book 1 of Daughters of the Moon series.  It's called Goddess of the Night. I really like this series so far. It's Urban Fantasy and deals with physic abilities, invisibility and time travel. It's a neat story.  I'm half way through Book 2, Into the Cold Fire, and still very entralled.  I realized there is 13 books in this series. I'll have to find them at the library when I finish through Book 3. 

Our new book club book is Anne Rice's, The Mummy. I'll probably read it once I finish the first 3 of the Daughters of the Moon series. Everybody says it's really good. I'll let you know.

Ok that's all for me today. Much love!

Current Book Count: 39

Toxic Niceness is a disease that makes life sweet for everyone except those who suffer from it. The cure is a well-timed "I don't think so."

Random Blog of the Day: Citygirl...She starts each post with neat photography and writes some interesting stuff. She leads an interesting life. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I've been trying to read more books this year myself, so Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete