Friday, April 9, 2010

Countdown To The Read-A-Thon and Blog Hopping #3

The 24 Hour Read-A-Thon starts in a measly 12 hours! If you aren't aware of this event you can find a linky to it on my sidebar. Go check it out! It's going to be a ton of fun!

I really haven't decide how I'm going to tackle this adventure yet. I have quite a stack of books in my "to-read pile". Check them out!


This is just the books I think I can read in 24 hours. I have a ton more I can read if I finish these. I think this pile is a bit ambitious of me. I don't really think I can read all of these during the read-a-thon, but I figured I'd challenge myself a bit. I definitely have to read The Mummy because that one is for book club. If I somehow finish these or get bored with reading them, I might spice things up and read some of my e-books I have on Net Galley.

My hubby has already told me he won't let me read all day, but I'll pull it off anyway. :P He isn't a big fan of my book worm ways.

As far as posting goes, I'll probably do one post and update it throughout the event. I'm not going to set times for myself, since I tend to get sucked into a book and don't want to put it down. I'll definitely start the post at 5am, update it throughout the day and then wrap it up at the end of the event.  I'll be randomly posting to my twitter (link in the sidebar) throughout the day, so I don't overwhelm my readers here. Follow me on twitter, if you don't already! 

Well that's my plan! Good luck to everyone involved! If you haven't joined up yet do so! If you don't have the time to read, register to be a cheerleader! There is a way for everyone to be involved. Most of all, HAVE FUN!


I've joined the Blogger Hop again today! It has been so fun! I've found so many great blogs and made so many new friends. Go join at Jennifer's blog. I've already told ya'll about this two weeks in a row, so you should know all about it by now. Go hop on and make some new friends.

I'm not going to do First Rate Friday this week.  I've already got to much going on with the Read-a-Thon and don't want to overload all of you.  Just go check out all the linkys I've posted above. That will be good enough I think.

I'm off to rest up and do some dishes. This is today's post. I'm going to take a break for the weekend on my dailies. I'll start them up again on Monday. Take deep breaths! I know you'll survive!

Alrighty, see ya bright and early tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Why aren't our hubbies fans of our bookworm ways?

    A thought to contemplate. Seems quite true, across the board.

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of your cheerleaders and wanted to be the first to wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete