Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Mini-Challenges

I've decided to put my mini-challenges in their own post, since I'll probably do a ton of these. :)

HOUR 1 MEME
Where are you reading from today?
This will change all day. I'm starting out on my couch. I'll be at the library at some point today.
3 facts about me …
1. I've been married for a little over a year, but we've been together for 8 years.
2. I'm 25, even though I look and act 16. 
3. I'm a sucker for a good book and a yummy coffee drink.
How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
10
Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
I want to finish at least 4 books and make it the whole 24 hours!

FEED ME SEYMOUR

The Mummy by Anne Rice

"The white wicker table was covered with plates of steaming food. As he read the copy of Punch propped before his plate, he ate delicately with his right hand from the meat here, and the fruit there, and the bread to his left, and the bits of roasted fowl in front of him. It was quite a miracle, in fact, the fastidiousness with which he ate, not touching knives and forks, thought he had loved the ornate designs in the old silver."



LIGHTS, CAMERA, READ!

This Mini-Challenge sounds so fun! I of course won't be posting my entry for a couple hours, but I figured I'd add it to the post so I remember.






MID-EVENT SURVEY:
1. What are you reading right now? The Mummy by Anne Rice
2. How many books have you read so far? 1 finished...100 pages to go in this one!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Wish by Alexandra Bullen
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Nope no plans for today
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I went to the library and got lunch. I read a bit during the time.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I read slower than I thought and I do get book ADD
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Um maybe a chatroom or forum.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Buy more snacks!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Not really I'm alright.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Move around a lot. Change your scenery.

END OF EVENT MEME
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? This one! The last hour! I'm ready to crash!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Wish was great, I suggest light, fun books like YA and Chic Lit!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Mini-Challenges that took less time...I wanted to enter a bunch but they took away from reading.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I liked the organization of the main blog and updating on twitter.
5. How many books did you read? 3 and a little more.
6. What were the names of the books you read? Night Shade, The Mummy, Wish and Airhead
7. Which book did you enjoy most? The Mummy was great, but hard to read in 1 sitting. I LOVED WISH! Perfect for the Read-a-Thon.
8. Which did you enjoy least? The Mummy got hard to read during the end. Too heavy for this.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely be back for the next one! I'll be a reader for sure!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love. Thanks for playing. Good luck and have fun today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I eat like that often, with a book in one hand and a fork in the other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Book
    by David L. Harrison

    I did it!
    I did it!
    Come and look at what I've done!
    I read a book!
    When someone wrote it
    Long ago
    For me to read,
    How did he know
    That this was the book
    I'd take from the shelf
    And lie on the floor
    And read by myself?
    I really read it!
    Just like that!
    Word by word,
    From first to last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks yummy! It makes me wish I was there! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're having a great time! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. In a Story Book

    At night when sunshine goes away,
    And it's too dark for me to play,
    I like to come inside, and look
    For new friends in a story book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading is fun
    Reading is great
    Hope you’re able
    To stay up late!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! We made it! Hope you had fun reading...is it time for sleep now? (please!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you did great! I lasted about 20 hours and then went to bed. I skipped a lot of the mini-challenges, but it was hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog and cheering my on!!! Looks like you had a fantastic time during the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete