Saturday, April 10, 2010

Manda's Official Read-a-Thon Post

Here you'll find my progress, rantings, and nonsense thoughts for the next 24 hours. I'll randomly update this post as the day goes on. Thanks for keeping me company. :) I'll only be posting every so often on this one post all day, if you want to here from me more often follow me on Twitter! My link is in the side bar!

 5:00am

Current Book: Night Shade by Lynne Ewing...page 144/277

Beverages So Far: 0...I need to go make some tea.

Snack So Far: 0...I can't eat at 5am. Haha

Thoughts So Far: Why am I up at 5am again? Oh lordy. Well here we go!

6:09am

Current Books Read: 1

Current Pages Read: 133

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice...page 0/398

Beverages So Far: 1

Current Beverage: Grape Powerade Zero

Snacks So Far: 0...still not hungry.

Thoughts So Far: Only an hour in. This is easy so far. It was nice to watch the sun rise through the back window.  Starting The Mummy. I have to read it for book club. It sounds interesting.

7:27am 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 45/398

Current Pages Read: 178

Beverages So Far: 1

Current Beverage: Grape Powerade Zero

Snack So Far: 0...I'm starting to feel a bit hungry though. Food needed soon!

Thoughts So Far: I'm getting sleepy already! I might need a 30 minute cat nap soon. This is a bad sign. I'm definitely not an early riser.

8:44am 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 80/398

Current Pages Read: 213

Beverages So Far: 2

Current Beverage: Butter Rum Coffee with 2 sugars and Carmel Macchiato Creamer

Snack So Far: 1...I ate a hard boiled Easter egg. It tasted a bit funny. Erm...

Thoughts So Far: I refuse to fall asleep! I am going to stay awake the whole 24 hours! I can do this! The coffee and the egg helped a lot! I'm not feeling sleepy at all right now! This book is so good so far. I just got to a really exciting part. In avoidance of spoilers, I won't divulge much, but Ramses just awoke! AH!

10:17am 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 128/398

Current Pages Read: 261

Beverages So Far: 3

Current Beverage: I'm on my second cup of Butter Rum Coffee with 2 sugars and Carmel Macchiato Creamer

Snack So Far: Still 1...the coffee suppresses my appetite.

Thoughts So Far: I'm wide awake now! 5 hours have passed..19 to go and I'm perfectly happy. I totally 100% love this book. I might even say it is becoming my favorite book ever. Wow that's a big statement coming from me. Alrighty, off to check on mini-challenges, update twitter and READ READ READ! I'll be back to update in a while.

11:43am 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 169/398

Current Pages Read: 302

Beverages So Far: 3

Current Beverage: I just finished my 2nd cup of coffee. Going to drink some more of my Powerade.

Snack So Far: Still 1...going to convince the hubby to take me to Mcdonald's soon.

Thoughts So Far: I'm a happy Manda. The hubby finally woke up. I'm going to convince him to take me to Mcdonalds and the library soon. Need a change of scenery. :)  I also need some new places to take pictures for the Lights, Camera, Read! challenge.

1:40pm 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 174/398

Current Pages Read: 307

Beverages So Far: 4

Current Beverage: I had some Diet Dr. Pepper. It was yummy!

Snack So Far: 3...had a salad and burger at Mcdonald's.

Thoughts So Far: Oh man I didn't read much in the last couple of hours. I have to get my read on to get back on a good roll. I went to the library and got a NEW TBR stack. YAY! Finished the Lights, Camera, Read! challenge. Posting it on my challenge post ASAP. Ok going to read for a couple hours. See you then!

4:00pm 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 273/398

Current Pages Read: 406

Beverages So Far: 4

Current Beverage: I'm still drinking that Powerade from this morning.

Snack So Far: 3...haven't eaten anything recently. We're going to Hooter's tonight. I'll read while the boys watch UFC. Mmm Wings!

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Fledgling by Octavia Butler!

Thoughts So Far: That was a good 2 solid hours of reading. I think when I finish this book I soar through the next couple of ones. This one is super good, but it's a slow read for me.  Ok about 100 pages left! Here I go!!!

4:45pm 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 286/398

Current Pages Read: 419

Beverages So Far: 4

Current Beverage: I'm STILL drinking that Powerade from this morning.

Snack So Far: 3...haven't eaten anything recently. We're off to Hooter's!

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Possessed by Kate Cann...Fledgling was taken.

Thoughts So Far: Ok we're off to hang out with my little brother and go to Hooter's for the UFC fights. I won't be back till about 10pm or later. I'll do an update then! Hopefully I'll have lots and lots to update with! Happy Reading! See you later!


8:08pm 

Current Books Read: 1

Current Book: The Mummy by Anne Rice.. page 342/398

Current Pages Read: 475

Beverages So Far: 4

Current Beverage: I haven't had anything to drink in a while. I'm kind of thirsty.

Snack So Far: 6...I had some snack mix, a cookie and some Sun Chips at my sister-in-laws house.

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Possessed by Kate Cann...Fledgling was taken.

Thoughts So Far: We ended up NOT at Hooter's. We're at my hubby's little brother's apartment.  We're watching UFC here. I'm super distracted. My hubby and his little brother are my favorite people. I've been reading though! I promise! I'm like 50 pages from finishing this book. I'll probably rock out a YA book quickly after I finish this one. We ordered Pizza and Wings! I'm a hungry Manda. After I eat, I'll go hide in his room so I can't be distracted.

8:43pm 

Current Books Read: 2..I finished The Mummy!!! YAY!

Current Book: Wish by Alexandra Bullen...Page 0/323

Current Pages Read: 531

Beverages So Far: 5

Current Beverage:Mmmm...PEPSI!

Snack So Far: 8? I'm eating pizza and wings...does that count as 2 snacks?

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Possessed by Kate Cann...Fledgling was taken.

Thoughts So Far: Yay I finally finished The Mummy! Woohoo! Ok I'm totally going to rock out a bunch of YA and Chic Lit novels in the next 8 hours. :) I'm going to eat my pizza and wings now. I feel so accomplished!!!

11:25pm 

Current Books Read: 2

Current Book: Wish by Alexandra Bullen...Page 48/323

Current Pages Read: 579

Beverages So Far: 6

Current Beverage: Starbucks Mocha Double Shot. I will make it the full 24 hours! :P

Snack So Far: 8

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Possessed by Kate Cann...Fledgling was taken.

Thoughts So Far: Ok I'm finally home and here for the long run! 5 1/2 hours to go! I'm going to read for about an hour or so. I'll let you know how I'm going when I wander back. I will not fall asleep!!!

3:28am

Current Books Read: 3...I finished Wish!

Current Book: Airhead by Meg Cabot...Page 0/389

Current Pages Read: 902

Beverages So Far: 7

Current Beverage: Water...I haven't had any all day!

Snack So Far: 9...I'm eating some late night cake!

Prizes Won: I won as a random reader in hour 11!  I chose Possessed by Kate Cann...Fledgling was taken.

Thoughts So Far: This is the last hour and a half! I'm going to start reading Airhead. I probably WON'T finish it during the Read-A-Thon. My next post will be my final post with all my final stats for the Read-A-Thon. See ya then!

5:00am

Final Book Count: 3

Final Book: Airhead by Meg Cabot...Page 81/389

Final Pages Read: 983

Final Beverage Count: 7

Final Snack Count: 9

Total Prizes Won: 1

Final Thoughts: I DID IT! I stayed awake the whole 24 hours and I read for at least 20 out of those 24 hours.  I finished 3 whole books and read 983 pages.  I had a great time and can't wait for the next read-a-thon! I'll definitely be doing this again!  Well my bed is calling me and I'm exhausted! Thanks for the great time and happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. WOW great job getting up so early! You should be finishing a book soon! GO GO GO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Manda! Keep up the updates, I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerade will keep you revvvvved up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butter Rum coffee sounds like heaven! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pix of the food from Nicole's Seymour challenge have made me very hungry! Great updates too.

    ReplyDelete