Friday, April 2, 2010

It's Friday!

So you know what that means? It's time for another Blog Hop and First Rate Fridays!


If you missed out on this last week, I'm going to be joining in on Jennifer's Book Blogger Hop every week. I got lots of new friends last week (HI GUYS) and I found lots of new blogs to lurk around on. This is a great new meme and a fantastic way to meet new friends and expand my book blogging horizons.


I also started First Rate Fridays last week.  This is hosted over at Mel's blog. First Rate Fridays basically takes Follow Friday on Twitter and gives it a book blogger spin.  I'll be posting fun little posts I've found every week and blogs that really stood out to me, so you can follow them too! I know I do this every day with Random Blog of the Day, but this will be solely book blog linkies. Enjoy!

Well first off, make sure you go and check out both Jennifer and Mel's blogs. The linkies are ^ up there.  On top of having awesome Friday memes, they also have amazing blogs.

I told you yesterday I watched Julie & Julia.  The real life blog that inspired the movie is called The Julie/Julia Project.  This blog is no longer updated, but it is a great read! I recommend starting at the very beginning and reading it all the way through. If you want to read Julie Powell's current blog, you can find that here. She is truly brilliant and fun to read.

I've joined another reading challenge, not that I really need anymore. It's the Hogwarts Reading Challenge 2010.  I'll eventually make a separate post about it. I got sorted into Gryffindor! YAY! Be looking for a post that explains this more in detail later today.  Thanks to Jo at Fluidity of Time for bringing this challenge to my attention.

That's all for today. I'm off to set up my Hogwarts Reading Challenge list! I'm super excited haha. I'm a nerd. Don't tell!

An Inner Bad Girl Reminder: Granting ourselves the power to say "no" makes saying "yes" much more powerful.

Random Blog of the Day: Perez Family Adventures...Another family blog...awww cute!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog via the hop! I love people who love harry potter :) your blog is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm stopping by from the book blogger hop!! I really like your hogwarts challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the movie, Julie & Julia. I adored the character of Julie - she was so cute! The scene where she falls backwards in the kitchen cracked me up - also all the scenes where she's cooking crazy things.

    ReplyDelete