Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Love My Blueberry!

I had book club tonight.  One of the ladies grabbed her phone out of her bag and said how great her blueberry is. We all stopped talking and stared at her.  "Did you just say Blueberry," I asked giggling, "don't you mean Blackberry?"  She laughed and went on to call it strawberry, wildberry, and we decided on mixed berry. I don't know why this cracked me up so much, but I thought it was awesome. I'm easily amused, what can I say. :)

We also got into some interesting discussions tonight. One was about racism and racist language.  Personally, I do not use racist statements or words in my everyday language, but I am not highly offended by it.  The part of the conversation that stuck out the most to me was about gender slurs against women.  I wish people wouldn't use undesirable terms, but I figure if you are secure enough with who you are, they should not bother you.  Most people say stupid things for attention and by getting upset all you do is fuel the fire. Ignore them, its more effective, trust me.

I didn't finish the book yet that we were supposed to read for tonight's book club. It's just super slow and boring to me. I'm going to give the series another chance and read the next one. Check them out if you want to. A lot of people love them.  They're the Dark Series by Christine Feehan.

Alrighty, that's all for today! I plan on knocking out another book tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. Haha. :)


Your Inner Bad Girl wants you to be willing to speak your mind. You don't have to make sure that you're right first.


Random Blog of the Day: Lifesong... This is the personal blog of Andrea. She writes funny little antidotes from her life. Cute stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment